family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

It was our year to go to Thanksgiving in Oregon!  I didn't grab many pictures - in fact the ones that were taken were taken by Shawn - he did a pretty good job capturing the chaos of a family of ten; most of whom are now married with many children of their own. This year six of my siblings and their families were there, bringing the group to a total of 46. (Counting two friends and two neighbor/friends that came as well.)

Because of the size of the group, my parents have started reserving the church for Thanksgiving dinner, and it works out great.  We eat in the room right next door to the kitchen, and as the little kids finish up, they can go play in the gym, leaving the adults to talk and be able to actually hear each other!

I needed to include this picture of my sis-in-law Ori.  She had her baby two days after this picture was taken.  They were sure it was another  little boy, but surprise!!  They're two boys and two girls now.
Me, Katie and Judy Brazofsky, a family friend.


After the dinner we did some fun projects with the kids - made snow globes, and painted Christmas ornaments.
Nolan showing off his slew of salt dough ornaments that he painted
 We also stood around the piano for awhile while mom played and we all sang Christmas carols. It sounded just like a huge choir.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, to be exact.:)
Then all the older kids did some swing dancing:
Kami and Eli giving it a whirl with stunts and everything!
And everyone played in the gym some more - bike riding, basketball, and adults giving kids rides on carpet squares:
Being around my family could never be considered dull.  They are such fun people!
We all went home around 7:00 after a full and fantastic day.  On Friday and Saturday, two of my other siblings and their children showed up and we got to see them as well. Bring on Christmas now!  Those Christmas carols and gathering with family has got me in the spirit!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun-packed Thanksgiving! It brings back fun memories seeing you all in the church. That is what my grandparents used to do because of the size of their family and we had so much fun running around the gym with cousins. Your cute little Abram looking at his candles. What a cute picture! Glad you had such a nice time over the weekend, and I'm with you on looking forward to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pictures of your family--you all look just like I remember in high school! I was disappointed I didn't have time to chat with Katie when I was in Oregon this summer. Maybe next time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete