family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kami!!


 Today Kami turned FOURTEEN!!  Fourteen?!  Wow.  I can't believe that it's been that long since she was a new baby and we were trying our hand at being parents for the first time.  Kami has always had a laid-back, cheerful disposition - the perfect personality for all of our parenting experiments and parenting learning experiences. She's very accepting of everything we do, is forgiving, grateful, and always a lot of fun and a patient entertainer to all of her siblings.
opening gifts
All of the girls (plus Abram) salivating over a box of nail polish that she got.
 As usual, at our house, her birthday celebration started the evening BEFORE her birthday with Shawn and I blowing up a bag-full of balloons which we then scattered all over her bedroom while she was sleeping. Then, at lunch time, Shawn and I pulled her out of school and took her to Applebee's. (Her choice.)  Grandma Gee came and sat with the little boys, so it was a really great time being able to talk and relax and enjoy lunch together.
Grandpa and Grandma Gee, Kami and her Great Grandma Shirley -when they came over to bring her a gift
At school, her friends had her locker all decoriously decorated by the time she arrived, but she didn't seem too excited about getting a picture of it for me so that  I could see it:(

Some of our favorite things about Kami are:
1. Did I mention that Kami is fun to be around?
2. She is so sweet.  Yes, she has a bad day here and there, but her bad days are like my in-between days.
3. She's a good friend.  To her school friends, her siblings and to Shawn and I.
4. She gets a kick out of her little brothers and sisters.
5. She seems to have a talent for everything that she tries/does.  I always wonder how that would be?  I recently took some pictures of some of her artwork:
Which one do you think is prettier?:) She loves to draw in her spare time. She is also a good athlete and musician.
6. She's obedient, tries to do what's right and has a testimony.  She has already read the Book of Mormon five times (not counting the readings with the family.)
7. She has a lot of friends, but if someone asks, she tells them that her best friend is Caden.  They really are very close. If I want to know a good idea for a present for Kami, I ask Caden and vice versa.  They may not tell me what they want, but they seem to tell each other everything.
8.She's always challenging herself to do a little better at something and to work a little harder.
9. She's really good at having a positive out-look on everything, and building people up.
10. She has great, creative ideas!!

We love you, Kami! Happy birthday!!

6 comments:

  1. We love Kami too! I think everyone does! Alison was a little disappointed when she got baptized because she thought that after she was baptized, everyone would clamor over her and want to play with her like they do with Kami. I had to explain that everyone loves Kami because of who she is and how she acts. Sometimes, when our kids are being really grouchy, I tell them to try to do what Kami would do in that situation. It's true - we really do basically say WWKD? Kelley G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kami! You really are an amazing young women! You have the best personality! I'm quite impressed with how talented you are, but I know you have many talents I haven't even been able to observe yet. Love you!
    -Aunt Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing girl she is. I just love her!! :) Happy Birthday, Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kami!!! Wish we could have been there to help celebrate! She is getting way to old! What a beautiful young lady she is becoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing girl! She sounds like she is every bit as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside! Happy Birthday Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a beautiful girl! It is hard to believe we have girls that are 14!! I wish we lived closer--I'd like to get to know your kids!

    ReplyDelete