family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An INCREDIBLE disclosure

Have you ever wondered why our family moves so OFTEN?  I mean, the longest that we have ever lived anywhere has been three years...

It's called the relocation program, people!!  The relocation program.

Yesterday morning I sent my little girls off to school looking like ordinary children dressed up for an ordinary halloween. 
Isabelle wanted to be Sleeping Beauty for school. I made this costume years ago for Kami, and it has been very well-used since then.

We try to keep up the image of living the ordinary, hum-drum American life.

But the Friday afternoon before I had thought,  "What the heck!  This is Halloween!! Let's just go as we really are...INCREDIBLE!!"  Then I had to do some scurrying around to put together and find all the uniforms that we used to wear on a regular basis.  I was completely baffled to find some of those pieces at our local D.I.! (Don't quite know how those managed to get out our front door...)  I had to sew up a few things and put back together logos and such.  It's been too long.... FAR too long.
back row L-R: Frozone, Jack-Jack, Mrs. Incredible, Mr. Incredible, Violet. Front row L-R: Dash, Syndrome and Edna Moe - I think that's her last name - (Our fashion designer)- boy did I have to call on a lot of assistance from her.
Jack-Jack and Dash

The boys and I heading off to fight crime at Isabelle's classroom party!

Mr. Incredible being his regular incredible self (sigh). It's so easy to vacuum underneath the furniture with him around.


Man was it great to stop living behind a facade-even if just for the night- and show how truly SUPER we are!

7 comments:

  1. I am going to see if this post will work. This is completely awesome. You guys are incredible without the outfits though. Love it Love it.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Great job! You are truly INCREDIBLE!! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Costumes. Ever! I'm still thinking about them and laughing about them from last night! Every single person was PERFECT!!! Love the post too - I had a sneeking suspicion.
    Kelley G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That is so great!! I hate to dress up (it's all stems back to a 7th grade horror story :) You are a great sport!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is sooo awesome! This disclosure really takes a load off my mind. I'm so glad I know the truth now. Here I am all these years trying to live up to the level of my older sister and come to find out- you are an incredible! No wonder!
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME!!!! You guys all look GREAT!!! I always knew there was something INCREDIBLE about your family! :) Love the pic of Shawn lifting up the couch so you can vacuum. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words can't express the coolness of this post. I'm dying...so great!

    ReplyDelete