family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, February 28, 2011

This and That


I ran to get my camera because everyone was wrestling Shawn and Abram was right underneath him (being protected), but by the time I got back, Abram had already moved on to listening to Kami's i-pod.


I'll tell you what, these little boys rule the roost around here!  Look below at how delighted he is that he finally got it all to himself. (spoiled!!!)  He and Nolan get everything their little hearts desire from Kami and Caden - any treats they bring home from school, piano practicing candy that they get at piano lessons - they wait like little vultures out in the car and demand it the second the kids get in.  They also beg them to play with them because these older siblings are so much fun!!  Caden set up a race track for Nolan last week and Nolan asks Cade first thing in the morning and first thing when he gets home from school to play it with him.  Caden always complies.  Nolan has realized that for some reason, he can keep the car on the track better when Caden's with him.  He hasn't realized that Caden secretly runs the control for Nolan's car so that Nolan can be really good at it!! 




This is Maddie's 3/4ths- of- the- way- finished ecosystem model

The finished product....I just wonder how many kids choose to report on a mole when their teacher tells them to choose a mammal to do a report on?  She is such a funny girl!  She made this whole thing out of salt dough, and although we let it dry for a few days it was still just a little bit squishy when she went to paint it.  Hopefully mold will just add to the over-all effect!:) Maddie is a very independent person and if I, or anyone else, has a good idea about how to do something, and share it with her, we have to be very sly and make her think that she came up with the idea herself, or she will do something completely different.  She is that way about everything- hair-do's etc.  She did allow me to help with her hair yesterday, because she wanted it straightened and that is something she hasn't learned to do by herself.





So here's the little cutie-- proud of her model and her straightened hair, heading off to school this morning.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, let me try again. Good job on the eco system, Maddie. It looks amazing! Kami and Caden are in high demand where ever they go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Maddie is like a lot of other Gee's who have to think it is their idea in order to do it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job mom!I really enjoyed reading it.I thought it was a really good idea to put my ecosystem.That was a really funny that Abram was trying to listen to her i-pod.Mom you should have also put on your blog Abram walked into Kami's (on Sunday)room and saw her i-pod and put them on his ears and so Kami turned on Sunday music.
    Love, Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the diarama Maddie. That's great you have your own ideas and opinions on how to do things. Way to be independent. I will tell you, however, that I wish I had your Mom around sometimes to tell me how to do my hair. If I were you I'd listen to her ideas. She knows what she is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most adorable children! Caden, well I can see how he would get his way; he is too cute!
    The ecosystem project Maddie made is super neat! It is fun you are getting pictures of all these events!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids love Kami and Caden too! I keep trying to let Gracie know she can be like Kami too, she just need to be self-less and kind! We still have some work to do. Maddie always cracks me up. What a girl!!

    ReplyDelete