family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, February 7, 2011

The fast faster

Woo hoo!! This is fun!!! I think I'll slap up another post! 
I woke up Sunday morning and mustered up all my courage and discipline to fix some breakfast for my three little non-fasters, while fasting myself.  I asked Nolan what he wanted for breakfast, and he acted suprised and said, "I'm not eating, I'm fasting!"  Well, I figured that wouldn't last long, so I started fixing something for Isabelle. Nolan was lying on the couch, and as he heard Isabelle request some toast he began moaning, "I'm soooo hungry!!"  I thought "good.  That means that he'll come eat with Isabelle and I can get out of the kitchen sooner."  I asked, "Oh.  Are you ready to eat?"  "No! Mom, I'm fasting!"  I decided to have a teaching moment and teach him about fasting with a purpose, and then let him in on the little secret that he hadn't been fasting anyway so he might as well come eat something.  I asked, "did you start your fast with a prayer?"  He said yes.  I asked what he had prayed for?  He answered that he had said a prayer that he would be able to start remembering to say his prayers every morning!  I picked my jaw up off the floor and showed more respect for his sweet little fasting efforts.  The only thing was that once I switched gears he was ready to eat.  So I guess he fasted the amount of time that a three year old should fast!
 

6 comments:

  1. That fast must've been worth it. He remembered why he had fasted! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good boy! I think he fasted longer than I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! i am so excited you have one, I love to keep up on everybody's happenings. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you have the cutest blog on the whole planet. I am always so amazed at your talents, creativity, goodness, compasion, health, fitness, beauty, intelligence, maturity, understanding, wisdom, knowledge, restraint, punctuality. (I'm serious about all this.) By the way, I was wondering if you would go on a date with me on Saturday? I thought maybe cross-ccountry skiing followed by dinner and a movie? Love, SRG

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very good boy. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete