family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Once there were some snowmen!















We have been enjoying this lane of snowmen for a couple of weeks now!! A couple of weeks ago we had a wet snowfall, and after the snowplow went by it left big balls of snow.  The kids decided that their project for the next day would be building snowmen.  It was cute to see them all out their working together.  The little ones were the designated snowball haulers, and were pulling sleds around loading up snowballs.  Sadly, I forgot to take a picture.  I guess I was too excited to be getting something done!

















I thought it was creative that the kids molded the faces on their snowmen -  so that they could mass produce faster! 


 

Kami, Caden and Maddie are big Calvin and Hobbes readers, and they were hoping to get all the way down to the neighbors house, and make a "house of horrors" like Calvin did in the cartoon.  Our neighbor is a pediatrician and they wanted to build (in the middle of his driveway) a snowman lying on the ground like it had been hurt, and a group of snowmen standing around looking at it.  They ran out of steam before they got that far.






8 comments:

  1. I like your blog. When you started talking about your snowmen, Calvin and Hobbes came to mind. Too bad they ran out of steam. That would've been fun. Samuel really likes those books, especially where he see all the snowmen. We just don't get enough snow here to even try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! We were admiring the snowman faces last time we came over. Josh kept saying, "More! More!" even after we left your lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID IT! Way to go. I'm anxious to check back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is adorable--I wish I could meet them! I'm excited you're blogging--I'll have to add you to my reader list. Amy, thanks for all the kind things you said--and after a post that was so negative--I love how upbeat and positive you have always been :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I am so glad you started a blog. I love the snowmen. Thanks for the note to Sadie. We would have loved to see you guys but it is a long way for only a short time. You will have to come when you can spend some time here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! i feel like blogs help long distance friends and family feel closer... i look forward to hearing about your life AND seeing pictures of your great house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH, I am so excited you entered the world of blogging!!!! Yipee Skipee!!!! Big Smile!!!
    Your blog layout is adorable and I just love your neat post! What a fun activity for all your super cute kidos!
    Believe me soon you will find that you won't leave home without your camera! Blogging is a wonderful way to document family events. A form of journaling with a great visual twist!!!
    I love you Amy and I am so excited to now have a way to keep in touch!
    Thank you for the sweet comments you have been leaving on my blog; I have enjoyed receiving them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog now. Those are some amazing snowmen. The kids did a great job! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete