family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Vocal Spectrum

I think that I have mentioned that Kami talked Caden into trying out, with her, for the school's audition choir (Bel Cantos) this year.  They were pretty excited to make it into that, because it's a very impressive choir with a fantastic teacher and great kids. Then, at the beginning of the year Caden decided to try out for Vocal Spectrum, and talked Kami into trying out with him!  This is a choir that is run by the same teacher, but meets after school hours on the kids own time.  There are only 12 kids in the choir, and boy can they harmonize!!  I have LOVED watching and listening to my kids in this choir all year; it's been such a neat thing for them to do.

I never could get pictures that showed their faces with the spotlights shining on them, so I stole some pictures off of facebook of the kids with this amazingly talented group!

L-R: Brynn Pyper, Zach Winn, Rachel Felt, Travis Harrison, Mr. Hinck, Emily Thomas, Caden, Shayla Babcock, Jacob Barnes.
L-R bottom row: David Adams, Maryn Tueller, Kami, Andrew Adams





Most of these pictures were taken at their end-of-year concert.  This was a super great concert where they sang all of the songs that they had sung during the year, and also got to choose a song to sing as a solo.  Caden sang "Stars" from Les Miserables, and Kami sang "Send in the Clowns" from a musical somewhere along the line.  They were both so amazing!!  Shawn posted them singing on facebook and I think I got on and listened to them five times a day for awhile I was so proud of them and amazed by their talent.

A big group hug at the end:

These kids spent a whole lot of time together this year and made some great memories and friendships!

Kami with some of her best pals after her last concert:

3 comments:

  1. Jacob Barnes was our neighbor. His dad was our bishop. He's so OLD compared to what I remember! Then again, so are Kami and Caden! I saw them on facebook - they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob Barnes was our neighbor. His dad was our bishop. He's so OLD compared to what I remember! Then again, so are Kami and Caden! I saw them on facebook - they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a great choir and your kids are so talented.

    ReplyDelete