family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pace has a blast- pun intended- and I can't believe he said this!, Volume 12

Today I finally did what I set out to do two years ago.  I took Isabelle, Nolan and Abram to the bank to set up savings accounts before all of their money gets lost:)

This was actually an exciting, fun part of the day for them.  It was an exciting day for Maddie and I as well, albeit for different reasons....

While I sat at the table and gave the banker information, etc., Maddie kept track of Pace and tried to keep him quiet and as well-behaved as possible.  About half-way through the whole process, Pace suddenly frantically let us know that he needed to go to the bathroom NOW.  Maddie rushed him back to the bathroom, but soon reappeared to whisper to me that Pace had had a HUGE accident.  Turns out that he had diarrhea and it. was. everywhere.  I have never seen anything like it, and that's saying a lot! After a whole lot of clean-up, Maddie smuggled Pace out to the car, as inconspicuously as possible.  Which was quite a trick because he was wearing nothing but a shirt!!

We finally finished setting up the accounts and were getting into the car when I overheard this conversation:

Abram: "Shut the damn door!"

Maddie: (gasping): " Mom!  Abram just said to shut the dang door!!!"

Abram: "No I didn't!  I said 'shut the DAMN door!!'"

He was surprised to learn that this was a bad word.  This sure got some laughs out of the older members of our household!!

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! What a memory. Wonder where Abram picked that up. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know kids learn from their parents! Ha Ha! I love it but I am sure it was a shock for sure.

    ReplyDelete