family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Conference excursion

I was mentioning to Kami that I hadn't seen so-and-so at church for quite some time.  Then I had to chuckle because I realized the reason is that I haven't been to our ward in so long!  For two weeks, I had sick kids and attended sacrament meeting in a different ward.  Then, we had conference, and then we went to Oregon this last week to hear Abby report on her mission!

I still need to dump some pictures on here from our excursion to Salt Lake City for General Conference.

The night we arrived, Temple Square was over-run by the Gee family!
l-r below: me, Kamille, Madeline, and Isabelle in the foreground; Abram, Shawn and Pace in the background:


Shawn and Pace waiting for a "train".  Pace loves all things that "go" so he enjoyed SLC immensely.  He had to wave hello and goodbye to every car that went by, and the train was a wonder:)










The next day we listened to the first session of conference as we drove the little boys to Orem to stay with my cousins while we went to the second session in the conference center.  Anyway, on the way to their house, we drove by the apartment we lived in when Caden was a new baby.  This was where he lived the first year of his life!  The kids were sufficiently impressed - "Wow!  That is a very ghetto apartment!!":


The next morning, Pace participated in his first Easter egg hunt in our hotel room:)


Some tears were shed; I don't recall why....:








Then we settled in to watch the third session:


Could this be another skirmish?:

After that session, we headed back to Temple Square.  It was beautiful:




And VERY crowded:


The kids liked the Visitor's centers, and I was happy to see some harmony displayed amongst my cranky younger travelers!:



We listened to the last session as we headed for home....well, those of us who were able to stay awake listened! I can't wait to listen to all of those inspired messages again!  Currently it has been working for me to listen to one or two as I clean my kitchen in the mornings.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment