family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, August 15, 2014

A chain of events and other phone unloads

I took my four youngest to the county fair yesterday.  This was after I convinced them to feel how course pig hair is:

One reason that we went to the fair was that Maddie had entered a couple of things in it, and wanted us to check on how they did!  She entered the bag she sewed earlier in the summer- the display colors at the fair just set this off to perfection I think - haha:

 And a cake:

Maddie couldn't come herself because she had gone over to Boise with Shawn and Caden. They went with Shawn to Boise because Caden just got his driver's permit last week, and he and his dad thought this would be a great way to rack up driving hours!

Before Caden left, he couldn't resist hurriedly checking the bees WITHOUT the smoker and WITHOUT a veil.  Actually, we have done this before, so I think the hurrying part of the equation was what caused ONE bee to sting him on the side of his nose.  Shawn sent me this picture this morning:

YIKES! Things like this always look even worse in real life.  He won't be doing the driving when they come home today - he can't even get his contact in! Poor kid.

The kids had some sort of exciting game going all afternoon that included ski poles and the canoe:


At bedtime I acquiesced and let them stay up for fifteen more minutes because "they had such a good game going!!" Such a beautiful evening:

As I was canning at the sink the other day, I felt this "arm" come sneaking around my waist:


Everyone should garden.  It is so very romantic!:) Shawn has been taking care of the garden all summer and has been doing such a good job - although he let this zucchini get too big... The garden looks WAY better than last year when I was in charge of it.

I moved everything from the lowest bank of drawers so that Pace couldn't get into it.  I find him like this all. day. long. This was while I was getting ready this morning, but I find him in all sorts of drawers throughout the house:


I hope he makes it to his birthday next week without a broken leg or something!

Isabelle and I took Pace with us when we went school clothes shopping.  This was the most enjoyable that he was on that whole expedition...I guess his nap just wasn't quite long enough...:


A closer look at that cute little face:

I think it's funny that when Isabelle gets invited to play at her neighbor friend's house, (this time they were swimming) he always picks her up and drops her off on his four-wheeler:


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is quite the face Caden has, and quite the arm Shawn has!
    Pace is so cute! Kilynn always liked emptying and then climbing into drawers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Maddie! Caden's face looks painful. I love what the neighbor does to pick up Isabelle.

    ReplyDelete