family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring break

Our spring break is more of a spring blink around here.  We only get three official school days off from school!! That is because we have "Spud Harvest Break" in the fall, and we sure don't want to give up that vacation, so we are okay with a shorter spring break.

This is what our spring weather looked like the day before the vacation was over:


...pretty typical...it looks like it ought to all melt off by the end of today, though!

l-r: Isaac-16; Ila-17; and Gracie 11
Because spring break is so short, we needed to do something extra fun, so I invited two of my nieces and one of my nephews to come for a visit!  I love them, Shawn loves them, and the kids love them, and I am so glad they came because I grew to love and enjoy them EVEN MORE!! They are the neatest kids: great positive attitudes, pleasant to be around, love kids and include all ages - even me;) - and they know how to create their own fun wherever they are.

The kids played endless in-door games, and outdoor badminton and soccer. We went bowling:


l-r: Madeline, Ila, Kamille, Caden

I signed Ila, Isaac, Kami and Caden up for a campus tour since Ila will hopefully be coming here half-way through next year!!:
Inside the nifty tour car (with Caden taking the picture:)
They went to the movies (and had the whole theater to themselves!!)
We attended my nephew Sam's baptism, and later that evening ALL of the girls and I got to attend the General Women's Broadcast together.  That was pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment