family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Time for a Maddie up-date

Our Madeline Mary has always been our fun and quirky child!  I love it! Lately it has been tickling me how excited she is about soccer:

 She practices her drills every day, runs two miles when her coach tells them to, and takes everything very seriously indeed!  She is especially excited for their first game this Saturday, and I can count on it that I will hear a lot about it between now and then:)

Her Uncle Terry is her coach, with her dad as the assistant coach.  Apparently their team has a motto ......which I can't remember.  Maddie felt like the motto was pretty good, but told me she thought she had a better one: "There's no such thing as a goal when it comes to our team!"  I looked at her for a minute after hearing that, processing it, and finally I said, "Maddie, that sounds like your team can't make any goals."  She explained that she was looking at it the other way around - that no one would be able to score on them! She keeps us laughing!!

For a week or two, she was writing a persuasive essay every night just for fun.  Her topics ranged from why Olympians should dress more patriotically, to why she thought kids shouldn't have cell phones until high school. She has also been writing a lot of poetry and is getting pretty good at it!

Maddie and Abram have a very special relationship.  I find this interesting because they are the two in the family that look like they were created out of the same mold.  They look alike and have very similar dispositions and personalities.  Maddie can encourage Abram into doing anything, where the rest of us fail, by saying, "Come on, Abram!  You're my twin!!"

Being a middle child, it is neat how Mads can fit in great with the older AND the younger kids.  Everyone loves her and appreciates the good sister that she is.

Maddie is also my child that, like me, loves to have a project going!  Lately I have been keeping my eye out for good bargain materials for her as she has been into making infinity scarves:
Easy, but satisfying.  She is growing up and getting into accessorizing and dressing up her outfits!
 I really like this girl.  We all do!

3 comments:

  1. I'm crazy about Maddie! She is such a fun girl! Wow! She's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! She and Emmie are SO MUCH ALIKE! I'm excited for them to get together again next week (If that is still good for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie has such a great personality! All your kids have great unique personalities! I love the infinity scarfs.

    ReplyDelete