family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Censorship

A few evenings ago, I happened to see this notice taped lightly into the inside of the cover of a book that Isabelle had checked out from her school library:
She had read the book and was ready to return it, accompanied by her own fair warning to the other students!  She said that she had also scribbled out the "h" word whenever she saw it because "it made her feel better." I wonder how many books have been censored by her this year?

Anyway, this was all the more humorous to us, because Caden knew something about the book she was reading and apparently the book is about some mice that live in a monastery, so they are probably using the "h" word in a religious context. I suppose hell is a bad word no matter how you look at it:)

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your posts, Amy! This one is so cute and funny! What a good girl. What is the name of the book? I need to make sure it gets on our list of banned books so my children can avoid being corrupted! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Talbie has done the same thing and she uses white-out to censor her books!

    ps - that was my deleted comment above! I spelled censor wrong and I couldn't live with it!

    ReplyDelete