family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Reminiscent of Newly-Wed Days

So now that we have been in our new house coming up four years, I guess it's time for our new appliances to start breaking down?!?!?! The dishwasher is on the blink and our washing machine decided to entirely give up this week.

At first, I was pretty excited that it decided to exhibit it's first problems while Shawn was home.  He tinkered around with it and after he worked his magic it washed two more loads of laundry.  Then he left and it stopped working again.  For good.  He couldn't even get it going when he got home.  Luckily, a repairman should be coming Monday or Tuesday.  Hopefully Monday. No time is too soon, I tell you!!  This was a big wake-up call about how much laundry this house generates in a matter of days! No wonder I'm constantly working at it!

After the first day, my laundry room looked like this:

Something that you need to realize is that all of the lower cabinets house full-size laundry baskets that were also brim full.  Well, mountainous piles of laundry quickly tripled from there.  I guess a house with nine people and one consistent bed-wetter generates laundry pretty quickly.

I started feeling this huge sense of foreboding....How. was. I. EVER. going. to. catch. up?????? And meanwhile, what would we all wear? Then I remembered with affection that handy-dandy laundromat-mat from by-gone years. Somehow the trip wasn't as quick as I remembered it being when it was just Shawn and I, but it was a fun experience, especially for this little guy:

He and Shawn were having such a great time;)


And after about three hours, twelve-plus loads, and about thirty dollars we were headed home to enjoy a whole lot of laundry folding.  But I was soooo grateful!  Because I was on top of the laundry again, and all in one day.  It would have taken me a week to catch up with all those loads!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I wish my laundry room could look that amazing on days that I AM caught up with my laundry! That does not sound fun though. I'm so grateful for washing machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your laundry room doesn't look bad Amy but from the sounds of things it was way worse than what it looked. I am glad you had Shawn there to help with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm glad you're caught up and that your repairman got there today! :)

    ReplyDelete