family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

swinging

First it started with Caden building a porch swing that I have wanted ever since we moved in here:


He built it in a day, but we decided the back was too low, so Eli joined in to remedy that little situation:



I tried it out and it was PERFECT - I think I will spend my last month swinging away on it:)  Good thing all of my kids are good about taking lots of pictures, or there would be no documentation of our lives!
I painted it, and then yesterday evening Shawn hung it up for me:
And here is the final product!! I can hardly wait to sew some pillows to go on it!!

So while this project was going on, the kids decided to do something with the extra lumber that was lying around and they built three more swings around the yard.  Kami had the idea to put one over the water, and Eli carried out the plan by shimmying up a cottonwood tree and tying a rope out on a branch high in the tree:


Kami took some pictures of Maddie while they were out enjoying it last night.  I can't believe how much and how often this swing is used!  There are rumors that Kami, Caden and Eli went out one night at 10:30 and swung for awhile in the pitch dark...

Shawn and I never even heard a door open and close or anything ...

but how IDEALIC is this?!

3 comments:

  1. I love porch swings and they did a great job with it. The swing over the pond looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how perfect! Both of them!!! (Love the cute picture of you with your little pregnant belly. You are adorable. And on your 7th?? You are amazing!)

    ReplyDelete