family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Mother's Day

I got really spoiled on Mother's Day.  Which was great because my birthday was completely overlooked!  Shawn and the kids spoiled me rotten with love letters from each one of them,  and gifts.  After church, we took a gift over to my mom as well.

The visit started out with dad showing all of us a Kill Deer nest that he had found.  Then we were by the pond so canoe rides happened:
l-r: David Kerns, Jonathan Kerns, Nolan, Shawn and Anni


THEN someone noticed that Sam, the dog, was interested about something that was in this pipe:

...so everyone spent about 30 minutes trying to aid Sam and find out what it was:

First they tried holding the pipe up high and sliding it out.  Then they tried submersing it in the pond, but one end of it was plugged.  They finally decided to saw it in two. While this was happening, I heard one of the boys exclaim, "Ew!  I sawed off it's tail!"  Sam was finally able to get at the huge ground hog lodged inside.  I think we might be rednecks...:D


Anni was pretty excited about Sam:


We finally went inside and visited and had strawberry shortcake, which Shawn made and brought along. 

I love this picture of Isabelle between her two grandparents.  She and her grandpa had been talking about patriarchal blessings because she is thinking about getting hers.  I don't think I have mentioned on this blog that dad was made a patriarch a month or two ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment