family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Oh you busy, beautiful week!!

Pace and I get to spend a lot of good, quality time with each other during the day.  I am so lucky to have him home with me for six more months, and I am trying to enjoy the time as much as possible because he will be going to school and I will be home all alone before I even know it:(

My visiting teacher invited Pace and I to lunch on Monday and we got there a little early so we took a picture while we waited:


Almost every day, Pace asks to go on a walk. We only have time to go a couple of times per week, partly because once we get out there, he doesn't want to come home. He keeps saying, "mom!  We aren't done adventuring yet!!"  This particular day, we were enjoying the nice warm weather and I was marveling that we have had spring since February.  And NOW there are flowers blooming.  Our grass stayed green all winter long, too!!




On Wednesday the school called and asked if I could help with school pictures.  It ended up being a great deal, because I got free pictures just for helping.  Pace helped a lot too - our job was to help kids write on these chalk boards and clean them afterwards.  Pretty easy-peasy and Pace enjoyed it:


And he was particularly excited when a fifth grade class came through and he saw this girl:


 I go pick the boys up every day after school and Pace waits for this girl to walk by the car. When he sees her coming, he asks to unbuckle, rolls down the window, and says "hi" to her.  If she notices him, she says "hi" back and sometimes she says more, like, "I like your mohawk!!"  After she walks off, Pace does a fist pump and says "YES!!!" So Pace got to really meet her, and we learned that her name is Chloe:)

Wednesday night was the Pinewood Derby.  Shawn had texted earlier that he was worried about the cars.  I asked why, and he said he hadn't wanted to worry the boys, but the pin stripes that they had painted on them had bled through and he wasn't sure how to fix it.  I told him I would take care of it.  Unfortunately I never got a finished picture of the cars, just these when I asked Shawn if they were looking ok. I ended up putting another strip on the left, too:


Turns out the boys probably won't care to remember these cars because they were some of the slowest there...poor guys. Hopefully next year will be better!!:



They were really good sports, but it was hard to see them lose over and over again:( I guess some years are like that!
Still at the hopeful stage:


Friday I was invited to the school because Abram was receiving an award in his school assembly:


I thought he received the most important award of all!:


It seemed like there was something every evening this week: Monday night was FHE, Tuesday night was the RS birthday celebration, Wednesday night was mutual, Thursday night was the Pinewood Derby, Friday night we went to Lagrande for Isabelle's lesson and met up with my family to celebrate mom and dad's birthday (I looked forward to this for DAYS):

l-r: mom, dad, Ivy (who put this all together) and Joseph:

l-r: Ori, Adam, Steve, Katie, Heidi, Kevin:

l-r: Aaron, Kelly and on down.  Not pictured were Tia, Shawn and I:)


1 comment:

  1. I like your short hair. I can't remember if it was cut last time a saw you. That's so cute about Nolan and Chloe.

    ReplyDelete