family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, March 25, 2018

March 11-17

Sunday is a great blogging day...except for when it's not!  This was last week in a nutshell:

I was called to be Young Women's President in our ward!  L-r: Elaina Solomon - second Counselor, Amanda Robinson- secretary, Natalie Crowder- first counselor:
I am really excited to serve with these neat ladies and to serve the Young Women in our ward! This was a picture that the bishop took of us when we were at his house for a presidency meeting that he wanted to join in on.

We had a lot to take care of right off the bat.  First off was mutual and a tri-stake dance.  Maddie made an awesome poster for the dance.  Have I mentioned how awesome she is at writing beautifully?  She is so talented at this!:


For mutual, Maddie was already in charge of the activity.  She had chosen to have the girls make modest wedding dresses out of napkins.  All I had to do was pick up supplies and make cupcakes, per her request:

I was pretty happy with the cupcakes...
All of the Young Women had a great time with this activity! I was amazed what they could do with these napkins.
The beautiful gown creations, on Cassidy Welch, Jenna Welch, and Adelaide Tesch:
On Wednesday night Isabelle had a choir concert.  I was really proud of her, because she tried out for a solo part and got it!  It ended up that her "solo" part was to be sung with four other people, but she was brave enough to do it. Also, Isabelle is so cute and tiny.  Notice how the other girls are in flats or short heels and Isabelle is in TALL heels and still a lot shorter:)


Isabelle got the boys all excited about Leprechauns and St. Patrick's day and helped them build traps.  I'm not entirely sure how any of them work.  They weren't good enough to catch a Leprechaun, but every single one of them had rolos in them when the boys woke up on Saturday morning. 
Pace's trap:
A slide into a dead-end shoe box by Nolan:

Ever random Abram made a trap over the sink. This is AFTER the Leprechaun fell into it...:

Saturday morning Isabelle and I also drove over to Walla Walla to a Beehive conference that I was asked to speak at a month ago.  I don't think I like anticipating something like that for THAT long!  But it was fun and turned out well.  We drove over with these gals, l-r: Julianne Jones, Adelaide Tesch and Isabelle:


That night, we went to a St. Patrick's Day party with the Wares.  Aaron ware smoked some great ribs, and Brittany decorated everything and made a fun dinner! Some of us in our required party clothing:



I had more people send me pictures of Caden. I love receiving these surprise texts throughout the week - it's a definite perk of him serving in the states!!


I commented on their matching ties in this picture, and was told that they wore it to sing at the assisted living center that day:)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new calling!! I'm sure you will do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete