family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Catching up

Here we are 13 days into the New Year, and nary a blog have I posted! First of all I was too worn out to post. Then I got sick. Then I had to play catch-up from being sick, which is a HUGE job with eight people to make a mess while I am lying around! I think I am finally on top of things... at least as on top of things as I ever am, for what that is worth.

New Years Eve I was in a party mood.  I had told my girls that they could have a party with their cousins, and then the boys wanted a party too.  I didn't want to have that many kids to focus on at once, so I had a "Noon Years Eve Party" for the little boys (plus Hannah:)

We made personal pizzas, played in the snow, had a hot chocolate bar, and played fun games.

They were really into "photo bombing":


Above: Nolan, Sam, Sander and Isaac.


Below: Hannah, Sam and Abram.



At six the adults and all the kids and the girls arrived:


We had dinner and lots of party foods and visited and played a fun game that Terry had on his phone.

Chloe, Kory, Caden, Kami, Terry, Gracie:


Caden and Jim in the foreground; who knows which kids in the background:)


Ellie, Kristi, Hannah and Shawn:

Shawn, Evan and Creed:

Terry and Kami with Marilyn and Ellie in the background:


All of the adults left around nine or ten.  Six of my nieces stayed to finish their party, which was basically the same party I did for the little boys, only they wanted theirs to culminate with a sleepover.

Kami, Caden and Ellie went to a dance but were home before midnight. Shawn and I had no intention of seeing the new year in, but got sucked into the movie that the girls were watching, and made it!

Then we REALLY saw it in, because I didn't get to sleep until 5:30 a.m. what with kids up all night long and throwing up, or being scared, and a sick Pace!  I loved all the parties but I HATE sleepovers (which we have only with cousins).  I told the girls that the new rule is no more that one cousin at a time in the future!

Here's to more sleep in the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Fun parties. Not so fun having to stay up with sick kiddos though. Sadie's party was a success. She had 11 friends show up which made for some wild times. They were so LOUD at times. Our upstairs has wood floors which I think makes everyone sound LOUD. it was a great group of girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted reading about it. That sounds like a lot of work but I bet everybody had a great time. By the way, I loved the unfiltered letter version. ;) It was funny but I also felt great compassion for you! Heidi

    ReplyDelete