family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year I had a vision of having the whole family be a family of monsters...then I wisely decided that this was not my year to do extras like that when I"m lucky if I can keep up with the basics!  So... Abram went as a dinosaur, in a costume that I made for Caden when he was about this age:

He was entirely cute, but I was only able to get him to agree to the costume by convincing him about how scary he looked:)
I took him to the store with me to buy some candy for our trick-or-treaters and it was a very entertaining shopping experience.  A big group of college girls spotted him right off and I heard them simultaneously say "cute!"  Then Abe began growling and roaring at them in the way he imagines that a dinosaur would sound and they all exclaimed, "AWESOME!!!"  He then growled and roared at people all through the store:)
I bought (or I should say Shawn bought) a Captain America costume for Nolan.  I made him a shield out of a pizza box.  This is at Nolan's class when Abram and I went to help with the Halloween party:
Maddie decided to go as a Barbie doll, I suspect because she would then get to wear make-up.  Isabelle was adamant that she DID NOT want to dress up this year.  I kept giving suggestions and she kept saying she didn't want to dress up.  But then I thought of an idea that completely appealed to her.  I asked her if she would like to dress up like a worn-out mother.  She was then so excited about her costume.  Isn't that funny?  I must make that role look pretty appealing!! Ha ha.  Anyways she wore her pj's with a bathrobe over the top, slippers, carried a baby doll, and then we ratted her hair and had a few curlers just hanging from the back of her head.  Here is the whole gang:
everyone's really taking on their role:)
And let's not forget the little monster:
Kelley gave Pace this outfit and that is what got me thinking about monsters.  Thanks Kelley!  He was pretty cute!!

2 comments:

  1. Darling! And tell Isabelle that Nicole went as a stressed out housewife too! What are the odds!?!?

    ReplyDelete