family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, November 25, 2013

Four and counting!



Knowing that Saturday (Abram's birthday) was going to have a crazy-busy morning, Kami, Caden and I did this before we went to bed:



Plus we put a lot of balloons on his bedroom floor so that he would feel extra special when he woke up!  I got up early and made some pumpkin pancakes (delicious!!) Abram woke up all bright-eyed and filled with excitement and we hurriedly ate before we were 'off to the races'!  Abram didn't appreciate the pancakes as I had hoped.  We usually don't eat syrup at our house, and I got some just for the occasion.  He ate a few bites and then proclaimed that he didn't like the "ketchup" that was on them.:)

Nolan and Shawn took off at 7:00 or 7:30? for weigh-ins for Nolan's wrestling tournament.  Nolan came home appalled that a lot of the die-hard little boys weighed in their underwear.  Shawn said Nolan was feeling pretty apprehensive until Shawn reassured him that he didn't need to do that!

I took off with Maddie at 7:45 to piano festival, and then got home in time to take Kami to violin festival.  The judge was running late, so I didn't get to hear her play.  I had to run home in time to get Maddie to her basketball game.  On the way to her game, I dropped Caden off for his piano festival and sent him in with Kami's books for HER piano festival as well.  Then I dropped Maddie off, and the rest of us ran over to see if we could catch any of Nolan's wrestling tournament.  We got there just in time for it to end:(  Nolan won all but one match and was pretty excited about that!

I hurried back to the festival to see if I was in time to hear the kids play.  I got there just in time to see Caden come out from his performance.  We all got in the car to go watch the rest of Maddie's b-ball game.  We were there five minutes and the game ended.  Sigh.  I was a little too late for everything.

After the game, Shawn took the kids to the store because they all wanted to shop for something for Abram.  Abram and I went home and got busy on his cake.  He said he wanted a "hulk" birthday cake.  We looked for ideas on-line and I asked him if any of them looked good to him.  I was a little concerned that he'd pick one of the most time-consuming ones...but he said, "I'd be happy with ANY of them!!!"  Bless his little heart:) While we made the cake, Abram asked me if he would get any "burning sticks" on it:)

We love our Abram boy!  He is so much fun and has such a sunny disposition. Isabelle summed it up really well with her card :


1 comment:

  1. Crazy day! At times like those I'm just grateful to get everyone in the right place, with the right stuff, at approximately the right time. You're impressive!

    ReplyDelete