family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pace

We arrived at the hospital at 7:00 Monday morning and Pace (Elijah?) Gee- we still aren't sure about the middle name, was born at 3:43pm.  He weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long- so glad that we had him a week early! He came out crying louder than I have ever heard a baby cry and kept it up for some time and I thought for sure that he was going to be a hard baby, but he ended up sleeping all night and all the next day. Now that we are home he is acting like a regular Gee baby - good as long as he is being held, but crying whenever he is set down.  The good thing about that is that there are a lot of kids trying to hold him all the time, so he pretty much sleeps the day away:)

I was worried about having a baby in the house again - I haven't had one for almost four years - but it has been so great!  We are really enjoying his sweet, cuddly, cuteness. Picture at the hospital:


Grandma and Grandpa Gee came to visit before their shift at the Visitor's Center.

Since we had Pace at the hospital in the next town, the kids didn't get to meet him until the next day when we brought him home.  Shawn had called to tell them all that he was born and how much he weighed, etc. and everyone was cheering so loud that they thought he had said that he weighed 6lbs 6oz.  So they were surprised to see that he was bigger then they thought - they had been telling everyone that he was the smallest baby we had ever had.

 My mom and Eli arrived to help out with everything - mom is staying for at least a week, but Eli had to leave Wednesday.  Note to self:  get a picture of mom with the baby before she goes.  She has been slaving away for us as usual!
Kami had all the kids showered and in clean clothes so that they would be "germ free" before the baby arrived:)

A couple of days before I went to the hospital, Shawn gave us all blessings and two of the blessings - mine and I think Abrams - stated about how this baby had been SO EXCITED to come to our home.  That made me even more excited to get him here!  And no wonder he was excited - who wouldn't want to be the apple of everyone's eye?




This is one handsome dad, too!:

I was having Shawn hold him while I snapped pictures so that he could put into perspective how small this little guy is!

This is what Pace looks like when no one is holding him!:)

I don't think he'll stay tiny for long!  He is eating non-stop, and we have had to supplement with bottles to make sure he's getting enough fluids because he is a little jaundiced.


6 comments:

  1. I've been checking regularly for this post! What a beautiful little man! Everything looks peaceful and happy and wonderful at your house. What a special time for all of you. Congratulations! I'm glad you are enjoying your baby! So happy for you all! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! He is adorable and has come to a very good home. I think Elijah is a very good middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love already! He's perfect! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so excited for this post!! Congratulations on your little piece of heaven, he is adorable and perfect in every way. So very happy for your beautiful family! You make me want another one. Loves to you all as you enjoy this special newborn time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see this little guy! What a blessing to have a new little baby in the house :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete