family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ohhh baby!!!

Well, tomorrow I will be heading to the hospital to deliver/meet our new baby! We are all super excited - I keep thinking that I should be feeling more nervous, but the reality hasn't set in yet.  I guess perhaps that will happen about the time they put the IV in?

Abram has had severe seperation anxiety for the last two weeks and he is very nervous about having Shawn and I go - he has a terrible time when either one of us goes anywhere, and when we go at the same time he goes completely berserk. Today Maddie said, "Abram, how about if I am your mom on Monday?"  He said, "Okay!"  And seems very happy with that arrangement.  He came and told me, "Mom, I will have a skinny mom while Maddie is my mom."

So here is a picture I took today:

Tomorrow my mom will head over to help out for a week, give or take.  It's always great to have her here to help get a new baby going!

Generally I NEVER take pictures of myself when I am pregnant, but I always end up wondering just what  I looked like, so this time I decided that I would take a picture every so often:

I think that in reality I  look a lot bigger than these pictures show - or maybe I just feel so huge that they don't look accurate to me. However, I actually ended up doing great on my weight - for me- this time.  I gained 36 pounds.  Once I figured out how to eat, these last two pregnancies have gone so much better!  I have felt so much better and more energetic, haven't had the "border-line gestational diabetes" not as much pain walking, etc. Sure beats the 50-60 lbs I gained with my first five.

Well, hopefully by this time tomorrow, our new baby will be here!  I will post about him as soon as I can:)

4 comments:

  1. It was fun to see your pictures. I hope everything is going well! Oh I feel so sorry for you right now. Hopefully soon I will hear some good news! I can't wait to see him! Love you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news! We will be praying for everything to go smoothly! Can't wait to see pictures of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good idea to do pictures. I always avoid having my picture taken when I'm pregnant and afterward wonder if I really looked as awful as I thought I did :) Maybe I'll have to do something similar this time. See how shockingly huge I get so I can be more understanding of all the comments I get at church starting about six months when it looks like I should go into labor any moment.

    Good work on the weight gain. I'd be thrilled with 36 pounds! It sounds like Pace got his share too! Congratulations! We are all excited for you here and prayed for you all yesterday! Your delivery seemed relatively quick. I'm glad it is all behind you, and now we can't wait for baby pictures! HEidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful!!! And Oh!!! Congratulations! I know you are just loving on and soaking up that sweet new baby!!! But I can't wait to see pictures. :) So very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete