family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, August 27, 2012

Proud moments

Yes indeedy, sometimes there are just moments in life when I am proud to be me!! Like the time that I sat for fifteen minutes in the drive-thru at the bank with screaming/crying kids in the car hoping that the teller would hurry up and when she FINALLY got to me and took care of my stuff, I was in such a hurry that  I distractedly drove off with the capsule that you put your money and receipts and things in (not sure what it's called).  The proud moment was when I drove around the block and had to bring it back into the bank.  I wasn't so sure I wanted to experience that moment, so I used some of my great brilliance and had one of my kids run it in for me. Wasn't that big of me?  We got a good laugh out of it, anyway!!

Today I drove across the top of one of those "handicapped parking" signs.  You know - one of those that are stuck into a bucket of concrete?  The really pathetic part is that -I never even saw it!! How does someone do that, anyway?  I'll tell you - it takes a special talent that only someone like me possesses!!  So...I drove for another second or two to see if it would come out from under my car, but nope, it was stuck in place, and my car was dragging it along! I glanced over and saw some of the boys that work at Rays kind-of smiling and watching what I would do.  My "proud moment" was when I marched right up to them and asked them if they could please help me out! They did, and were very nice and courteous and had me on my way in no time.

I texted Shawn about it, thinking that he'd get a good laugh.  He texted right back, "Is the car ok?" Sigh... Yes the car is just fine. It's my pride! Just my pride...

3 comments:

  1. So sorry but I'm chuckling....these are funny stories. I like to think we all have moments like these.

    I felt bad I didn't get to see you in Oregon too! We have to find a time to visit someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Amy. We got a good laugh at your expense. Hope every is going well with you all. We sure enjoyed seeing you guys this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Oh I could and probably should write a book about my proud moments so I can look back and laugh. I'm always way too embarrassed to admit to anyone or even myself that one just happened and I'm pretty good at blocking out the memory of them.Good job posessing such talent though!

    ReplyDelete