family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

And then there was one...

It arrived... the dreaded first day of school.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say that it was dreaded by everyone - in fact, it was really only truely dreaded by Isabelle, who has some anxiety about new experiences.  Caden was resigned to it, and Kami and Maddie were fairly excited.  But nothing surpassed the great excitement of Nolan and Abram!

Nolan insisted that he get to ride the bus to school and was full of enthusiasm about FINALLY getting to go to kindergarten!!  The bus ended up coming ten minutes early, right when I was trying to get a picture of my grade-schoolers, and in the hustle and bustle of hurrying them out the door, Shawn and I ended up disappointed that we didn't even get to see Nolan get on the bus on his very first day of school:(

(I grabbed a picture of them after school) They're holding up fingers for the grade they're in this year.

 Next Kami and Caden took off:


That left just Abram, who is as pleased as punch to be entering his first official year of "Gee- School-Preschool".  I was a little worried there for a little while, because he was telling everyone that he was going to a real school for preschool.  I thought about it and told him that if he got potty trained, I really WOULD put him in a real preschool. Darn it, it didn't work.  He immediately decided that home preschool sounded like the way to go...but guess what one of the things we will be working on at preschool will be??;)

We'll see about that, mom!
Yep, that's pretty much the sad truth - Abe's the big boss around here lately.  Even this morning he informed Kami and Caden that "My buddy gets to get on the bus first, then Kami". (Maybe he bosses because everyone does exactly what he says.  I know Kami and Caden switched order this morning and Cade got on first:) He gets us all lined out, bosses all day, and insists on being "it" for every prayer - if we ignore his insistance, he generally howls through the whole thing.  When someone else DOES happen to pray, it's because we let him go first, and he then affirms everything they say - which I guess we should all do, but maybe just not vocally as he does: "everyone be safe... yeah... thankful for day...yeah", etc.  Even in church when someone is praying from the pulpit, he prays, quite loudly, right along with them. The only thing is that he has just a few phrases down- pat, so he says them over and over again, and starts his prayer over and over until the person ends their prayer.  His has to go just as long, and he won't shush for anything!

Anyways, for a couple of weeks now, when the kids have told people who their teachers are going to be, he has made sure that everyone hears that his teacher is going to be mom! Today, as each of the kids came home in their three different hour-apart shifts, they told us about their day, and Abram kept interrupting them to tell about his: "first I got to play with my friends (we went to the gym), then we worked on my ABC's and 123's, and then I got a snack, and then we went and picked up Nolan!"

Whew! Preschool's exhausting!! Mostly for me with this busy little boy, but I"ll spare you my napping pictures!;)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! it makes me laugh so hard! Abram cracks me up! He reminds me af a couple of boys around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look great for thier first day of school. This post had me laughing pretty hard too! I know you are a very good and very experienced preschool teacher so I'd appreciate it very much if you'd share some ideas with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids all looked so cute heading off to school!

    ReplyDelete