family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kami's new look

Can you notice anything different about this smile?
Yep, Kami got braces on today. Caden was supposed to as well, but his ended up not coming in - so he will get his next week. I just kept putting this off because braces are SO EXPENSIVE!! BUT, Caden came home last month and told me that lately, ever so often when he is talking, he accidentally whistles through the space in his front teeth "and it's really loud!" He found it rather humorous, but me...I decided that it was time to 'get her done'.

Poor Kami was our guinea pig, as usual. I never had to get braces, so I had no idea what she was in for. Not only for the contraption they make you endure while they place the braces:

But also for what you feel like after you get them on. She couldn't eat most of the lunch that I sent to school with her - I guess you need foods that you don't have to chew much for the first couple of days after getting them on. Poor girl- But she'll surely have some beautiful teeth in a couple of years!

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear ya, Amy! I've never had braces, but my siblings have and it's pretty painful. Good luck though!! I can't wait to see Kami and that beautiful face of hers when she gets them off! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like teeth have been the fucus around your place lately! I hope Kami's teeth get to feeling better soon. She needs to be able to eat as much food as she can. That girl can't afford to lose weight!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her smile is still beautiful as ever! I never had braces either, but we have them in our future too, for Kyler. He's actually begging to get them on!

    ReplyDelete