family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, January 27, 2012

Snow at last


We finally got our first real snowfall of the year on Thursday, (only about three inches) and the kids have really been enjoying it. I've been enjoying the cute snowman I can see right out my kitchen window whenever I'm doing the dishes:


Everyone went sledding today and the kids made the discovery that Jack is a really good sled dog! The kids would hook him to the sled and get the ride of their lives. He would sometimes keep going after the hill ended, taking the rider on a high adventure long run snaking through trees and going full throttle. Everyone was particularly impressed that he could pull the sled back up the hill with the rider on board! Boy was that a discovery -the kids were thrilled that they didn't have to walk back up the hill and Jack appeared to be loving every minute of it.



Fun times.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got your snow. I would have loved to have a dog take me back up a sledding hill. Good job Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I can't believe Idaho didn't have snow until now! That is so crazy! It is the same here. It snowed last week but has since melted. Your kids look like they are having a blast, and what a loyal friend in Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun! How neat! Have you enjoyed not having snow up to this point? I bet this happens once in a blue moon where it takes so long for the snow to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every kid needs a sled dog--so cool!

    ReplyDelete