family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Satin sheets

Our bed sheets were beginning to look a little worn, so when I walked into Ross and saw some quality sheets at a reasonable price, I bought them. They were satin sheets, and looked really pretty, and I imagined that they'd be wonderfully comfortable to sleep in.

They haven't been very popular with us. We slept on them for three nights and I felt myself getting grouchier and grouchier with each passing day and each sleepless night. I finally told Shawn that I had tried giving those sheets a decent chance, but I couldn't get used to them and fall into a good, deep sleep when I slept between them.

He said, "I don't like them, either. I can't sleep because I feel like I'm trying to hang onto the bed all night so that I don't slide out!" That just really struck my funny bone - sometimes the things he says makes me laugh for days afterwards. Either I need to velcro the sheets AND his pajamas, or get some different sheets!

2 comments:

  1. You should save the sheets for sewing! I haven't seen what satin sheets look like, but I was tempted to buy some on the Black Friday sales because when you calculate $/yd. it would've been a lot cheaper than buying real satin material. What do you think? Would the sheets make good dresses/play dresses? I might have to do it next year if so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me laugh too! So funny! I always thought satin sheets would be heaven but I'll rethink that! Or buy velcro! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete