family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scares at night

This evening I was having a hard time motivating the little kids to get ready for bed. Isabelle said that it really wasn't TOO much past their bed time. (We start getting ready for bed at 7:30 because we get up so early in the mornings.) I said that I hoped that they were in bed before 8:00 because I was afraid that I would turn into a witch after that. Nolan's eyes got big and he hustled off to get ready for bed. I always tell the kids that I turn into a witch when it's a school night and they still aren't in bed at 8:00. I really do. Turn into one, that is. The humorous thing to me is that Nolan takes it very literally and it scares his pants off when I say it.

A few nights ago, I was awakened in the night by Isabelle, who had had a bad dream. She crawled into bed with me to tell me all about it. I don't know why, but I find children's dreams to be very interesting. She said that in her dream she had been walking down the hallway towards the bonus room, and right in front of the bonus room door stood a witch. (Where did that thought come from?!):) She got past the witch and inside the bonus room where she saw me, dead on the floor, with a bloody forehead. That was her dream. Kids really do have scary-sounding dreams. Where do they come from?

The other dream that she told me was funny. She said that in her dream Caden had wanted to eat a whole bowl of ranch dressing, but he must have known that he'd have to sneak THAT, so she said that he was sitting on the couch eating it with a blanket over his head so that no one would see him.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your blog is acting up! Wish I knew what to tell ya. That dream of Isabelle's would have given me the the creeps if I were the one hearing it in the middle of the night. When I have kids old enough to want to talk about their dreams in the middle of the night, I might not be as nice. I may have to tell them to wait until morning to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Caden dream all the time. :) Just kidding! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Dreams are funny aren't they! I've thought of writing some of them down that crack me up. Although I'm a lot happier hearing them in the morning than in the middle of the night! I'm sorry about your blog not working. I'm not good at technology but I wish I knew how to help you. I do know that I would miss you if you don't blog! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete