family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, September 15, 2011

x-country


The season has begun, and Kami is LOVING it!  She says that it is even better than track because the scenery changes and keeps it interesting.  We found out from the first meet that the Jr. High only runs 1.7 miles as opposed to the 3 miles that they run at a meet in high school.  Kami came in seventh at her first meet. Just look at this swarm of runners!


This was at her meet last weekend, and the first cross country meet that I've ever been to in my life.  I was wondering how they can start 100 people out at the same time and still make it fair for everyone!! 
I really like this sport - you get there, they run for 10-15 minutes, and you head home.

I did have one funny story, but maybe I shouldn't admit to this!  Last weekend the meet was around dinner time, so I decided that it would be fun to bring a picnic to eat at the park afterwards.  From lunch time on, I worked on putting it together - I made chicken salad, and rolls to put it on and some things to go with it.  Before we left I took quite awhile packing it all up and making sure that I had everything.  After the meet, we got everything out of the car and were just sitting down to enjoy our dinner when Shawn said, "where's the chicken?"  Sure enough, I had left that home in the refrigerator.  We loaded everything back up again....

Part of me thinks that I will hate to look back on this and remember the state of my mind at such a relatively young age, but the other part of me believes that  when I've really lost it I will delight to look back on things like this and remember that I remembered everything BUT the chicken!:)

1 comment: