family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, September 15, 2011

practicing

Every morning I think that I hear Shawn blowing his nose somewhere, but it goes on and on, and I soon realize that it is only Caden practicing his trumpet. (Shawn does blow his nose with some force - I hope he doesn't mind me sharing that!;)

I like these pictures of Nolan forming his mouth to play the trumpet:)

Most of the kids in Caden's school begin band in the fifth grade, but we figured that learning the piano was plenty as far as practicing time and everything else goes, so Caden has been taking other elective classes.  Until this year.  This year it was either take orchestra, band, or a class of "stomp" (some sort of dance class) one trimester, "child care" the next, and  I can't even remember the third one.  Caden wasn't interested in taking child care - come on! He has plenty of experience with that!  And he was completely mortified by the idea of taking stomp.:)  I am wondering why they don't have languages or something useful to learn? Anyways, that left learning another instrument, so he chose the trumpet.

He is behind, but we figure he will be able to catch up quickly and even be one of the best trumpet players - as long as he practices every day.  The last couple of days, I have even been able to tell what songs he is playing. He's coming along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment