family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy birthday, Nolan!


 Wednesday we celebrated Nolan's fourth birthday.  He is such a sweet and entertaining little boy, and is just so enjoyable to have around!   He's one of those kids that has a gift for making his parents feel like a million bucks, and you know, that is a really nice thing for parents to be appreciated when we're working in an often thankless job!  He'll run up to one of us saying mom! mom! or dad! dad! and then when he has our attention will simply say, "I like you!!" He tells me several times, every day, no matter what I look like, that he thinks I'm pretty - and this is funny - if Shawn is around when he tells me, he then looks at Shawn and very seriously tells him that he needs to tell me that more often!  He frequently asks his dad to flex for him and then his eyes get big and he oohs and aahs about his big muscles. He and his dad both really admire big muscles. :) Anyways, I am so glad that he is a part of our family. I told him once, quite some time ago, that I didn't want him to grow up because then he might stop giving me hugs and being so sweet.  Ever since then, he snuggles up to me or hugs me several times a day and tells me that he loves me, and every once in awhile he reminds me that it's O.K. if he grows up. ;)

For his birthday he chose crepes for breakfast,


we went to the park and played and had a picnic for lunch, and then that evening we had a hot dog roast across our pond.


 

we finally went in to open presents when Nolan said, "My presents are calling me!!!!"


Then we had cake. 


yee-haw!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Late bday Nolan! Amy you did a great job on the cake! He sure sounds like a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Nolan! What a sweetheart to pay all those compliments all the time. Cute horse cake Amy! I'm glad you included that last picture though because I was having a hard time figuring out what it was until I saw that last picture!
    I'm trying this one last time to comment. If it works, then the solution is just to comment as "Anonymous" I don't know why I didn't try this before.
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete