family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New stages

Sunday Abram went to nursery for the first time, which was bitter-sweet for me. (I thought that I would be whole-heartedly delighted!)  The sweet part is that  I now get to actively participate and listen to two whole hours of church!  The bitter part is that my baby is growing up. :(  I realized a few days before Sunday that he would be entering nursery, so I figured that it was also time to do something that I have been putting off: taking away his bottle.  I know, I KNOW that an eighteen- month- old shouldn't have a bottle, and I took it away from all of my other kids at one year.  But Abram reached one year and he was so small!  When I took the bottle away from all of my other kids they stopped drinking very much milk, (that was my excuse - really I just wanted him to still be my little baby) so I let Abram keep having a bottle before naps and bedtime.

What a ham!

Well, turns out that I was the only one that needed that bottle!  Abram is so happy to get to drink out of a real cup like the "big boys" that he hasn't even missed it.  He drinks his cup of milk before his nap or bedtime, delightedly waves good-night to everyone and off he goes!


And here is Isabelle on the day she graduated from kindergarten.  (She has a cute little graduation cap on her head.) She is suddenly worried about the "new stages" coming up in her life.  She has pulled me aside once a day to whisper these worries and concerns to me, "I'm scared to go to first grade."  "I'm scared to drive a car." "Do you think I'll survive swimming lessons?" "I'm scared to have a baby."  Thank goodness that she won't have to experience several of these stages for a very long time!!

1 comment:

  1. new stages are always hard, even for old people. Can I just tell you how impressed I am with your daughter reading the B of M. Good for her. She must have amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete