family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

We had a great father's day!  My brother Matt, his wife Kelly and their two little boys came up for the weekend and  I LOVE it when my family comes to visit!  I read a book once about the five love languages and mine is definitely quality time, so when my family spends time with me I feel so loved!

This year the kids designed a tie for Shawn.
"The stuff of legend, pure awesomeness and super star" - How cute is that?

He had just mentioned the week before that he needed some new ties, so he got exactly what he wanted.   (Well, I may still need to pick up a few regular work ones):)

Then the kids still wanted to get him something else, so I asked them if they had any ideas about what to get him and after thinking for, oh, a total of two seconds, they all agreed that he'd like some candy.  Well, I had seen this pot idea loaded with candy on the internet, so they made that next.

Here's Shawn with our kid's presents.  The pot was painted by them, then they put a tie on the front, a flag that said "Happy Father's Day" and filled it up with his favorite candies.

We also had his priesthood line of authority put on a plaque and got him some new clothes.

The kids helped my nephew David make one for his dad and he was so excited to give him something that he made "all by himself!!"


Other than that, we tried to spoil the dads with delicious meals and desserts.

1 comment:

  1. Great gift ideas! Did Shawn wear his tie to church?
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete