family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Hooray for Summer!!!!

The big news this week is that SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER!!!!  In my humble opinion, school should never go into June!  The fact that it did was a hard cross to bear around here, let me tell you!!

Pace and I went to help with field days on the last day and I ran a bingo station until I thought my eyes were going to go cross eyed.  After awhile I made up different accents while I called the numbers to keep it more interesting for me🤣 Afterwards, Pace got to go try out the bouncy houses:


Then we hurried to the store to buy LOTS of popsicles and were headed home to make a quick treasure hunt when Maddie called and asked to be picked up.  PERFECT!  She is the master of quick treasure hunts.  She took over and got finished up before her friends came to pick her up. Here is a picture she sent me with her friend Ashley Zaugg:


Isabelle was with her best friend Riley, so it was just me and the boys this year!

The boys with the first clue:


This picture shows the level of hyper-activity pretty accurately:

Nolan after one of the clues:


The end of the treasure hunt had all the Popsicles, and we all enjoyed our first one of the summer.

Summer jobs started first thing the next morning.  I am loving our summer job routine this year!  It seems like I try something new every year, but we have never paid the kids for doing jobs before, so this is new.  They start each morning out doing some of their basic things that they have to do, and everyone's list varies somewhat here, but here is Abram's:


Getting their personal jobs done unlocks the opportunity for them to do some paid jobs.  I put out the jobs that I want done that day, and whoever gets their personal jobs done first gets first pick:


As I said, I am really liking it!  No one sleeps in and the house is spic and span in no time so that we can go play!


We walked to the library the first day, and went to the aquatic day the second day of summer break.   Then we had a big cousin day on Saturday!  Shawn and I went to the temple and missed the visit with the ALL the Farbers and Eli :(

Here is my amazing sister Katie climbing the rope though!:



When we got home from the temple, we took off for Baker City for Joshua Bradford's baptism.  Maddie didn't come because she had friends coming over for a movie - Camille Wood is moving and wanted to watch  "Deception" here on her last available day, so she and Ashley came over.  Nolan didn't end up coming because he remembered that he had forgotten to mow the Brown's yard and it HAS to be done on Saturday.  And Pace ended up falling asleep and we could. not. wake him, so he stayed home with Maddie and Nolan.  It was just Shawn and I and these two, which is pretty rare:

They were good buddies over and back, sitting right next to each other even though there was an extra seat 💑Cuties - It was fun spending that time together:

We got home and Nathan and Leslie and their kids were here for the night!  Leslie's nephew was giving his mission farewell talk in church and they came up for it. Maddie and Sadie:


Six boys that decided to sleep all in one room!:

From how tired the boys seemed today I don't think much sleeping went on, but we didn't hear them, so I'm glad they had a good time making great cousin memories!:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I LOVE IT when family comes to visit!!!!

Random pictures from the week:
The yard is looking so nice and green - at least in the back - and I have a fresh bouquet of some flower or other every single week.  I really enjoy that about this yard.



The sister missionaries drop by quite a bit and this time they surprised me with Sister Quayle here for an exchange.  She served here before Caden went out!  It was fun to see her again:

I was trying to get a new bulletin board in the Young Women's room and  I don't even know...🤣


2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for letting us crash at your place. It was a quick trip. I am sure we will be there again this summer. Now it's your turn to come see us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start to summer. We barely got out on the 8th if you can believe it!!

    ReplyDelete