family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day 2018

I thought Father's Day was pretty great - hopefully Shawn did too!  I made him a yummy breakfast and dinner, and he was showered with presents and notes from all of us.  I know that a couple of the kids made him more than one picture or letter.😄Isabelle made sure that everyone had letters written yesterday so that there was much thought and time put into these letters! I didn't get to read all of the letters, but saw these pictures that came home from primary. The boys were to draw a picture of their dad - we are getting a kick out of them: 

Abram's:

I think I've seen Shawn make all of those faces before!🤣

As I was reflecting before I wrote him a note I realized that he has made all of my biggest dreams come true.  Also, I thought about how his greatest quality as a husband and father is how supportive he is of all of us.  Our priorities and things that are important to us become his priorities and what is important to him.  He takes such good care of us and is so talented in so many ways. I am a blessed woman to have found him and to be married to him and be raising our family together.

He requested shish-kabobs for dinner - here he is grilling up the last of them:

It was a beautiful day for eating out on the deck!


We love Sunday walks!  Crossing Bedford bridge:




In other news of the week - or should I say pictures on my phone - - -

Shawn and I go on long walks whenever we can in the evenings.  The weather is so great once the sun goes down and the streets are quiet; many times we walk right down the middle of them!  We heard a dog bark this particular evening and were intrigued to see it running all over the roof of this home:


We have a Popsicle break just about every day when things really heat up.  Nolan got his tongue stuck on this one:

Isabelle said that she would rescue him, but first she took all of these pictures:D

Can you tell that we live on our decks in the summer?!??  This week all of the tables and furniture have been covered with toy animals.  I love watching Abram playing with them; there's a continuous shuffle and they don't stay in one place for long:



For awhile the tropical plant in the far right pot looked like I was trying to grow a corn stalk, but it's shaping up and I can't wait to see what it's flowers look like!  It's a Canna Lily btw:
A sampling of one of the many roses that grow in our yard.  I can't believe the size and color!!:


1 comment: