family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

Happy Mothers day everyone!!

Our day began bright and early around here- painfully early!  Kami had said that she would be calling us at 6:00 her time, and when we figured out the time differences, that meant 3:00 am for us.  Shawn and I got up at 2:50 to make sure things were ready and then we waited and waited....and waited.  She finally got on Facebook messenger at 4:20.    It was soooooo good to see her!!  Always makes me a little teary and afterwards I had to take some Benadryl so that I would stop thinking about it and be able to go back to sleep. We woke everyone up and I was so excited that I was wide awake, but a lot of the kids said later that they were totally out of it during her call....Pace wouldn't even open his eyes to look at her:( Which he really regretted later...


Caden called after church and everyone was so lively by then that we had a hard time hearing each other, but boy was it good to talk to both of my missionaries and see that they are doing well!


I got a lot of pampering thanks to this quiz that Isabelle gave me last week:



She is such a planner and after getting my responses was the resident expert to help everyone know what to get/do.  I went for the spa- like stuff which was perfect because I was so sleepy today!

In church I think I may have broken some rules doing this, but I couldn't resist sneakily taking some pictures because my three boys were standing all together while the primary sang to the mothers in the ward:




The song ended just in time because Pace had suddenly realized that this was a great time to show off...:D

The week was consumed with the frozen cookie dough YW camp fundraiser.  Tuesday night we mixed all the cookies:


Then spent a good portion of Saturday making deliveries.  I had a lot of people that were skeptical of this activity, but we made more than the amount that we need for camp and it was relatively painless.

There is something going on every night around here; I don't know when Shawn will be able to start building our kitchen. Monday was FHE, Tuesday we had the Munt family over for dinner, Wednesday was mutual and scouts, Thursday was Isabelle's last track meet of the season and Emma Wares birthday party.  I helped Brittany with this cake for several hours:


She had made all of the bubbles, and I assembled it while she did other things.  This party was a huge deal and no detail was overlooked.

I guess now that I have been a mother for 20 plus years I am finally getting it a little bit because I usually see a mess and want to clean it up ASAP!  But this week I walked into a pile of Pace's toys and it made me so happy that they were there cluttering things up:


For one thing, he was playing in the kitchen so that he could be close to me:


He never plays well when he is all alone, so when I'm being a "good mom" I try to think of cool things for him to do.  He is REALLY GOOD on his little blue scooter!  I set up cones all the way around the sidewalks for him to weave in and out of on this particular day:






2 comments:

  1. How fun that you got to talk to both of your missionaries. I love reading their letters. I love the secret photos from sacrament meeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an early morning but totally worth talking to your kids. Fundraisers are so fun. 😉 I was so glad that the stake is paying for camp this year so we didnt have to do a fundraiser. You are awesome Amy.

    ReplyDelete