family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, January 15, 2016

Christmas season

One morning after scripture study Nolan said, "mom, I really need you to get me a costume for a play that I'm in."  I said, "Okay, when is the play?"  He said, "Today at 9:00 am!"  He told me he was supposed to be one of the reindeer....

Shawn and I combined efforts.   I started making a reindeer-looking shirt for him to wear  - so thankful for glue guns! - while Shawn ran to try to find reindeer antlers at the dollar store.  They were sold out.  I found some scraps of different things and made some antlers.

We made it to the program JUST IN TIME.  Then I got a terrible case of giggles watching Nolan because his "antlers" just kind of drooped behind him - even with the pipe cleaner that I had twisted around them to hold them up:)  I HAD put pipe cleaners inside them, so the drooping problem WAS fixable for his second showing of the program.  Ahhhhhhh--nothing like those super quickie jobs:)


On Christmas Eve it is a Gee family tradition - beginning when Shawn was a kid- to go out to eat on Christmas Eve.  This year we went to Pizza Pie Cafe.  I have a few pics on my phone from that:





Everyone dying from over-eating:

I thought it was cute to watch Pace with his new train that he got for Christmas:


He may have been too young for it, though, and it may already be broken because he was trying so hard to "drive" that electric train:( He sure loves "things that go".


2 comments:

  1. Pace's smile at Pizza Pie Cafe!!! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha great job on the reindeer costume on such little notice. I'm not sure I would have been as nice of a mother in that situation!

    ReplyDelete