family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

nativity

For family home evening we decided to re-enact the nativity. We anually read the Christmas story, but I wanted to enjoy it together early on in the season while we can really soak it in. It seems that we usually read it on Christmas Eve when there are a million other things going on, or on Christmas morning when little ones are too distracted and excited to really pay attention.   I'm sure we will still read it as Christmas approaches, but it was nice to get an earlier start:) I had everyone choose the part they wanted to play, and put together their own costume.  Low stress and very enjoyable!  Pace was our Joseph and it was so cute to see how excited he was about "baby Jesus"!:




Maddie's hair always comes in handy for her costumes!  She was king Herod and also a wise man:


Abe was a wise man, too.  He had me help him make a "spiral thing" on his head with a towl:)


I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas season!

3 comments:

  1. This is KRisti. I like that idea to do it earlier. It always seems kind of rushed later on. My favorite was maddie's beard. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete