family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ila's mission call

Ila - second from the left

We have three family members going to college here this year!  Talbie is still here, and Ila, my niece, and Eli started here this year as well.  Ila has been waiting for her mission call to get here.  It arrived a couple of weeks after school started.  One evening she texted me to tell me that it had arrived at her house in Oregon, and I asked her to tell me as soon as she found out where she would be going!

After a couple of hours she called me and told me that she couldn't get Skype to work from her apartment and wondered if she could come to our house and use ours.  Of course!!  When I went to pick her up, three of her roommates and Eli were waiting to come along as well.

Ila is super excited about her mission call, but finding out where she was going ended up being a super frustrating experience!  Apparently everyone at her house could hear us but we couldn't hear them.  One of her little sisters ripped into her call and started reading it out while Ila kept saying, "stop!  STOP!  I want to read it myself!!!"  But of course no one could hear her.  So she heard where she was going second hand:(

She is going to Costa Rica!  And she leaves in February.  She will be such a great missionary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment