family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sharing five

1. Can I just tell you how much I have been enjoying cleaning lately?  I was so worried all while I was feeling sick and unmotivated that maybe I had really turned into a lazy person - seriously I was really worried about it!  But since I have regained some energy and motivation I have been spring cleaning like nobody's business and I have the world's best helper *Abe* who has been enjoying every second working together, and so have I! 

Generally, when the kids this age help out, it really slows things down, but Abram and I have got a real system going.  He loves to clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, so on the days when we are cleaning bathrooms, I let him scrub the toilets with the toilet brush while I wipe the toilet down with Clorox wipes.  Then, when I'm ready to scrub it, I set him to work "cleaning" the mirrors - so that he doesn't notice that I don't think his job is satisfactory. His favorite part is just to spray the cleaners:) When I'm ready to go over those mirrors, I just move him to some other ones.  We're always together, talking away, and I can't believe how he'll clean for a couple of hours straight with me just because we're together (plus he's probably lonely being the only one at home with me).

I realized recently that cleaning is kind of a hobby of mine when I was at the library and was checking out some "how-to books". I always grab some of those that have to do with my interests.  I couldn't resist checking out a book called "How clean is your house?".  I love getting books like this and learning new tricks and tips and getting more motivated just from reading them! This works for anything, I have discovered.  If you don't feel like you're being patient enough with your kids, for instance, just check out a parenting book - suddenly you just shape up because the book's on your mind and you've learned a few more "tricks".

2. Another thing that I love about cleaning is all of the goings- on of your children that you were unaware of:
I found this on the floor in the toy room - CUTE!




3. The kids have this thing where they call each other their names spelled backwards.  It is so funny that they even thought of it, for one thing, and that they remember their names and say them all the time for another, and that everyone *mostly everyone* is OK with -in fact gets a kick out of -being called by these names.  For instance, if I were Isabelle, I don't think that I would relish being called "Ella-bossy" Which is what her name ends up sounding like when spelled backwards (ellebasi).  But she does - she beams whenever they say it. They all get a real hoot out of Abram's- "Marba" ... well all but Abram.  He is the one that takes exception to being called his backwards name:) They call Kami "EEmack" and Caden "Nedac".  For some reason, though, Caden's nick-name for Maddie is Patsy.  He always calls her that... not sure why?

4. For the last couple of days, Abram has liked to say "at least" before many of his sentences.  I have to say, that it's been pretty endearing to Shawn and I when he says, "At least you're my mom!" or "At least you're my dad!"  While I am on things that he says, I think it's cute that he calls our suburban the "mis-unburpin" :)

5. In other news, we get to go find out what we're having tomorrow!!! Boy or girl?  I have no idea what to expect.  Either one will be really nice since we have an even split in the family right now, although I think it would be fun to have a girl again since our last two are boys....and since I really want to knit and crochet projects for this baby, and girl things are just more fun.:) But I guess I'm kind-of expecting a boy.


4 comments:

  1. You'll have to share your favorite cleaning tips with me. How neat that Abram will clean by your side for so long. He will probably grow up with a positive association with cleaning because of this, and be the best husband ever!
    Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now when you name this baby, you'll have to consider what it saounds like forward and backward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle's apology letter is very impressive. I'm pretty sure my kids only do that when I have ordered it. I wish I could get that excited about cleaning. I'd love it if I felt like I could enjoy the results a little longer! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog posts :). Make sure you tell us ASAP what you're having. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete