family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More blue!

 Yep, the boys are going to dominate the family:) I wasn't too surprised, because I can't think of any boys names that I like, and that's usually a sure sign that  I will have a boy.  Whenever I can't think of a girl's name I have a girl, and vice versa.  So... if you have any good boy names feel free to share, otherwise I am afraid that Shawn will name him something like Lysander or Salmon - old family names that he has always liked and always mentions when I am drawing a blank. EEP!

Abram and Nolan both had their hearts set on having a little sister, so when the ultrasound lady (sonographer?) said that it was a boy, Nolan said, "Darn!" . Abram said to her about three times, "I wanted a little sister!!!" as though she could change the out-come or something. But then later, she caught a picture of the baby "waving" at us and Abram began beaming and excitedly waved back at the baby. He has sounded excited about a baby brother ever since:)

The good news is that the doctor thinks I am a week further ahead than we originally thought.  The bad news is that I am doing my regular HUGE weight gain, and she said I need to be careful *I already am!*  (It's inevitable, I am afraid).  She told me to stop eating anything after dinner.  She said to drink almond milk because it's less calories.  She said if I eat cereal to eat Kashi Go Lean. She said to eat more protein and less carbs.  Check, check, check.  I already do them all.  Plus I don't eat sugar.  I guess I'd better curb my appetite even more...I am the only person I know that has to go on a diet and eat less calories when I'm pregnant than when I'm not.  Sigh. But the good news is that if I am one week further ahead than I thought, that is one less week to gain three or four more pounds. HA!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats Amy. We are excited for another boy. I guess it is only right that since the family started with so many girls in the beginning it should end with lots of boys. And how can you be more careful than you already are about what you eat? I was just thinking on Friday when I saw you that you were sure looking good and not looking like you were gaining much except your little bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can hardly wait to meet him :) I can't believe your doctor is concerned about your weight. I think you look terrific! I think the key is to not worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the concern is that I have a tendency to gain 50-60 -70 pounds during my pregnancies and then I am border-line gestational diabetes which they are trying to prevent.:(

      Delete
  3. We are excited for you guys. Its funny how Abram wanted a girl it seems like that is usually the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is with our bodies that they can turn everything into fat when we are pregnant? Weren't you able to do better with Abram somehow? I would be pretty frustrated if I was completely off sugar and doing all the other things you mentioned and still not seeing results. I can gain the 3 or 4 pounds a week but it also reflects the way I am eating, usually. I feel your pain! However, with you, you know it is a temporary thing. I'm excited for your little boy! Your kids are on to something... combine their trick with Shawn's good strong names and you have Rednasyl and Nomlas. Rednasyl has my vote! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy!!! Congratuations on baby #7! That is so exciting. I sure think the world of you and your family, and I bet this little boy is beyond excited to join you! It seems like everyone is having boys lately! There must be a rush at heaven's doors for more priesthood holders. :) Sure love you! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratualtions! Remember when Caden was the lone boy with all those sisters? Not anymore!

    Just don't go with Bruce - we don't need any Brewski's in our family...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should consider Brigham, Brig for short! I've always liked that one. I don't know what I'm doing giving names away I'll have no options left once its my turn! Haha -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! Good luck with a name. Nathan always suggested those names also!

    ReplyDelete