family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, October 3, 2011

Trappings and trimmings

Before school started, the girls and I got busy on making some accessories for their hair - everything turned out so well and it was such a fun project! 

side view
front view
We made them with satin material or ribbon and cut it out in various sizes of circles, singed the edges of the material and put the circles together like flowers. Then we added netting, pearls or fancy buttons, and feathers and arranged them on a headband.


The one above was just some wound up ribbon; the one below is Kami's invention - layers of netting with a button on top (sewn through the layers.)

side view

front view

We also made some that we put on clips.

This picture's kind-of fuzzy, but we put circles of netting between each layer of satin.  It has a very flapper-girl look to it.  I love it!
It was great to have a project that the girls and I were all so excited about and that we can enjoy all year long!

Oh, wait.  I think more than just the girls and I have been enjoying them:
Shhh...don't tell Shawn!!

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I've been making some of the satin flowers for clips ever since you made that head band for Kilynn. It's fun. I just got some more satin toay for them!
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete