family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, August 12, 2011

Aunt Ellen

 
Sunday night my Aunt Ellen (dad's sister) came for a quick visit.  I have always thought that she was such a neat person and have loved to be around her from the time that I was a small girl.  Now I can see why I felt that way from such a young age - She is so good at loving and being interested in everyone, from the smallest child to the oldest adult.  She has such a sweet, positive spirit about her and the kids and Shawn and I were so sad to see her go.

We had a great visit for the very short time that she was here (She left around lunch time on Monday). Aunt Ellen has always been an out-doorsy, adventurous, active type, so she enjoyed canoeing with the kids,
and she even went on a run with Kami, who is trying to get in shape for a season of cross-country.

She also brought two coolers, full of raspberries, from my parents five-acre patch. (Thank you, parents, for picking them for me!)  We enjoyed eating them fresh and we also made some freezer jam that the family will really enjoy this winter.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to get a visit from Aunt Ellen. She is such a sweet good person. I've always wanted to be like her.
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete