family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, September 1, 2019

idyllic summer days

I stayed at mom and dads for a couple of days and a night to pick strawberries.  I had that done in a couple of hours and then enjoyed weeding a hill and talking with mom for the rest of the time.  Anni thought it was pretty great to have an at-demand independent food source:



Meanwhile, Nolan worked on building a raft - one to float on it's own, not to hold anyone up:

And he and Abram and Pace also canoed with cousins:


We got busy making strawberry jam as soon as we got home:

Nolan teaching Anni to climb the rope:


Nolan helping me show off the size of my hydrangeas:


A day playing in the sprinklers:

meditating "ninja":

WHY are all the pictures turning side-ways?!??:
Walking to church:

We buy swimming passes every year and go swimming A LOT.  Well I should say that Nolan, Isabelle and Abram go a lot.  I take Pace and Anni at least once a week -because I have to keep a close eye on them, and Shawn only goes a few times:



One of many Sunday walks:
This particular walk was to the water tower, which the boys always beat us to and climb up and race all over it:

my girls:

A walk to a park:


The kids try to save 30% of what they earn, and Nolan had been saving everything  for a long time but suddenly had some things he really wanted. He bought a tent and a hammock and a mess kit:

Lots of trips to the library!  After this trip, I had to start dinner, but had to sneak a picture of these kids devouring their new books:

No comments:

Post a Comment