family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, August 26, 2016

Our quick trip to get the girls

I love going home to Oregon!  Time just slows down there and everything is so quiet and peaceful.  Until the whole extended family is around - then it isn't quiet, but it is still heavenly!

I needed to include some pictures of our quick trip to pick up our girls! This was them in the raspberries on our last day there.  We ALL picked that day to make sure we had enough berries to get us through the winter:)


Some of the rows had canes that were double my height!  It was a jungle.  So fun to talk - and listen to people talk - as we picked.


Of course we went on a long walk the one evening we were there.  And my heart thrilled to see these two siblings together.  They missed each other so much! They were walking along chattering away to each other and catching up (Isabelle and Nolan):

Beautiful!


I got up early the morning we were going to leave and went on a hike.  I was about a half mile up the road when I noticed my Aunt Ellen was trying to catch up to me.  We had a wonderful visit as we hiked to the reservoir above my house.  I love her; she is a complete sweetheart!:

Views from the hike:



A view of the valley from my parent's place:

I love this place so much!

When we arrived, Pace let me know that "Uncle Adam scary.  Uncle Adam mean!!"  I tried to convince him otherwise - and so did Adam.  Adam loves little kids, and gives them a lot of attention, but he IS a big tease and very loud.  

He knows the way to a little boy's heart, though, and was able to win Pace over by inviting him on a motorcycle ride that Pace couldn't resist:


When he got off, he promptly said, "Uncle Adam NICE!!"  And now he also tells me, frequently, that he wants a motorcycle of his own...

The other boys got rides too:

I love that nice little brother of mine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment