family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cute comments

I've been hanging on around here, but just barely!! Amongst the craziness, I liked these cute things that have been said:

While getting Isabelle ready for church Sunday, I asked her where a butterfly pin was that was supposed to go on her dress.  She said, "Mom, remember back in 2009..."  She was really backing up what happened to that pin with FACTS.

This afternoon after dropping off Maddie for gymnastics and Kami for violin, I rushed home to get dinner in the oven and try to mow as much of the lawn as possible before which ever came first: the storm that was brewing or the time to go pick the girls up again.  The three little kids were playing on the front porch as I frantically pushed the mower around the yard as fast as I could go. I could tell that they were overly excited about the flashes of lightening, the gusts of wind and the loud cracks of thunder.  Later on, in the kitchen Abe was watching me as I threw together a dinner salad.  Suddenly he looked very solemn and said, "Potatoes can kill you dead."  It took me a minute, but I suddenly knew what Nolan and Isabelle had been talking about while out on the porch. Tornadoes. Abram has no idea what tornadoes are, so in his mind they were talking about potatoes. We were having some for dinner-  I'm glad that he still ate some:)

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Good just putting two and two together and figuring out what he was talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, didn't Jeremiah Joshnson die from eating too many sweet potatoes? Maybe Abram's right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Amy. We are thinking of you guys often. Kids say the darndest things sometimes!

    ReplyDelete