family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Sisters

Sister Hanks, Me, and Sister Quayle

I have loved all of the sister missionaries that have been in our ward!  Sister Hanks (left) was in our area for the first six months that we lived here.  We spent a lot of time with her and her companions, feeding them and going to appointments (Kami and I).  She is a great missionary, and it was sad to see her go!

Sister Hanks is the missionary that asked if I could bring an investigator to the church for a lesson and tour one day.  That's how I became acquainted with Joleen and Anjoleena. Sometimes I get really burnt out because I drive Joleen to appointments and watch her baby (Anjoleena) while she does community service and such things, and sometimes I do it all. day.long. for days at a time.  I start getting antsy to get my own things done.  But it has also been really rewarding to see the improvements in her life and she is always the one that calls to see if I can take her to church, and has a lot of questions.  I think she has been looking for something in her life for a long time.

This particular day was when we had her and Joseph and Tamitha Barnes over for Sunday dinner.  We have Joleen every single Sunday and follow it up with a family home evening lesson.  Many times we have other people here, too.

Joleen and I:

Me and Tamitha:

Also one day I was babysitting Anjoleena and when she fell asleep I put her into her car seat because she sleeps for a long time when she's in it. I felt like I should check on her a little while later and was glad I did!:


No comments:

Post a Comment