family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Halloween 2019

A couple of weeks before Halloween I suddenly remembered that I have always wanted to dress a toddler up as "boo" from Monsters Inc.  I decided that now was my chance, so I talked the boys into being Monster's Inc. characters as well. 

Then I got busy making costumes.  First Sully, but I bought a mask to go with it.  Them Mike, by covering an exercise ball with paper mache.  After the first layer, I set it outside on the deck to dry in the sun.  I forgot about it and noticed it out there the next morning, all shrunken in because it was so cold outside.  I brought it in and set it inside of the fire where it then expanded and all the paper ripped apart.  Up to that point, I had been very careful to paper AROUND the air port of the ball, but when I went to fix the paper, I forgot and papered over it.  After about ten layers, and many days of drying,  I set the ball back outside in the cold so that it would shrink and so that I could (hopefully) cut out the paper without popping the ball.  It worked, and by some miracle I chose the exact spot on the ball to cut that was exactly over the air hole, so I still have an exercise ball!

My cute monster crew:




Isabelle ended up having districts on Halloween in The Dalles so by the time we got home the kids didn't have long to Trick-or-Treat, but it was still a good Halloween.  Nolan stayed home and helped hand out candy this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment