family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patty's Day

Shawn and I came home from a meeting last night to find the kids hard at work putting together their Leprechaun traps. I had been wondering if they would do anything this year, but wasn't going to remind them either!:) Kami and Caden were spear-heading the whole operation, helping the kids build their traps and such.


Shawn decided that he wouldn't mind getting some of the leprechaun gold for himself, and put together a trap, too (with the perfect leprechaun bait):

(Don't worry, the trap has never been used:) Unfortunately, his trap was probably the most unsuccessful, because the next morning (to the delight of the little kids) we found that it had been tripped with this "blarney stone" left in place of the coin:


When the younger kids went to bed, Kami and Caden made some small leprechaun clothing, (a vest and a shoe) tripped their traps, and left behind evidence that something had been caught and then escaped. They also dug through all the dolls and found a couple of red-headed ones, cut some of their hair off and left it in some of the traps as well. They were laughing and having a good time. (I wish that I'd gotten some pictures of them!)

The leprechauns also found some chocolate-filled gold coins in one of my decorations, and only gave it back because the kids figured out the treasure hunt that they left behind. (And they didn't make it easy, I can tell you!)

3 comments:

  1. I love your St. Patrick's day traditions. So fun that Caden and Kami get into it and help you with it! I love that they are such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing at that note on the stone!!! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We didn't do anything for it. I think it was St. Patricks day when Samuel thought about making a trap, but then we got busy doing other things.

    ReplyDelete